Happy Obama Day
Thanks to the internet you no longer have to actually experience historical events in person. Last night I watched Obama go into the voting booth (for a long time) over a video stream and today, my friends on Facebook gave me a running update of their feelings and emotions. Read the comments backwards…
* Megan is wondering if Bowie is still afraid of Americans?
* James says rudd then iphone now obama. human evolution.
* Ed is proud of Americans… Yo Obama!
* Sue is amazed that given the bizarre US electoral system that anyone gets elected. Good outcome though!
* Andrea is thinking of Tracy Chapman. Finally the tables are starting to turn.
* Helen loves historic moments like these.
* Al reckons he’s no ‘Diamond’ Joe Quimby, but he’ll do . .
* Peter is obama rama day.
* Jodie is happy Obama is President.
* Katja is chanting…obama, obama, go, go, obama!!!
* Zoe is a bit over the rhetoric, but still pleased.
* Dionne is simply overjoyed at history being made.
* TR has called 46 states correctly – if Obama wins Indiana, NC and Missouri, and McCain wins Montana, I have a perfect score :)
* Wendy is delighted! What an amazing day!
* Georgia will try to reserve cynicism for one day in the wake of the US election results. Rudd in Canberra, Obama in Washington – let’s hope neither become Blair II.
* Kaz is impressed America … very impressed!
* Brigid finally thinks yes we can.
* Giselle is crying tears of joy – change has finally come.
* Cathy thinks the American people have done the right thing.
* Tim wonders where anti-Bush ends & pro-Obama starts. And vice-versa.
* Rina may be the only person on Facebook who cares more about the rights of smokers than she does about American politics. Could be wrong…
* David is happy that the US have embraced change!
* Amy is totally obamarama!
* Damien is watching America’s most historically significant day since 9/11.
* Erica is happy that Obama has won!
* Greig is wondering how long he’ll last before some redneck does him in?
* Nicola is very excited that the world is about to change for the better.
* Andrew is fervently hoping that Obama will win the Presidency of the USA!
* Shanthini is getting out the vote for Barack Obama. Last chance to join the rally.
* Julia is holding her breath. what a day.
* Gaby is OBAMARAMA!
And my status on Facebook???
* James has noticed the aschen faces on Fox News.