One of my favourite personal interests is family history. My earliest memory of this interest goes back to high school when we all had to do a “family tree”. Ever since then I’ve been fascinated. Although my interest is ongoing, I go through periods of great breakthroughs, and periods where nothing happens.
These are some of my ancestors.
- Allan McLean and Janet McFarlane
- Charles Dunn and Bertha Rixon
- Donald Laing and Sarah Higgins
- James Laing and Isabella McLean
- James O’Brien and Lena Noonan
- James O’Brien and Mary Smith
- James Rixon and Amelia Goodwin
- James Wright Goward and Mary Ann Denny
- John Dunn and Catherine Elliott
- John Dunn and Elizabeth Davis
- John Hoare and Elizabeth Love
- John Love and Martha
- John Noonan and Hannah Lynch
- Maurice Lynch and Mary Moynihan
- Peter O’Brien and Mary Ann Goward
- Robert Higgins and Ann Owen
- Robert Higgins and Ellen Triggell
- Thomas Rixon and Jane Laing
- Thomas Triggell and Henrietta Spencer
- William Elliott and Mary Fitzgerald
- William Rixon and Ann Hoare
- William Rixon and Ellen Laing
- Albert Bernard O’Brien and Bertha Ann Dunn
Where I’ve remembered, I’ve quoted sources. If I haven’t mentioned your contribution, please forgive me, drop me a line and I’ll mention the source promptly.
This is obviously a work in progress, and I will continue to update the information as it comes to hand.